South Delta Regional Scholarship
To give back to the community and raise the School’s profile with local constituencies, Southpointe Academy has initiated a scholarship for an outstanding student entering Grade 11 from the South Delta area.
The Southpointe Academy South Delta Regional Scholarship covers Tuition fees for Grade 11 and 12, Application Fee and New FamilyFee. It also is an exemption from the requirement to purchase a Southpointe Bond/Education Investment Deposit.
Deadline for application submission is March 31, 2020.
All of the following factors will be considered in the selection process. The successful applicant will:
- Be an outstanding secondary student who meets the School’s academic standards for admission to Grade 11.
- Have already demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas: arts, athletics, community service.
- Demonstrate a willingness to become involved in and contribute to Southpointe’s co- and extra-curricular programs.
- Commit to remain enrolled at Southpointe for Grades 11 and 12.
- Be a non-Southpointe student who resides in South Delta.
In addition, please note the following regarding eligibility for the scholarship:
- The successful applicant and their parents will be asked to consent to the school publishing the applicant’s name as the scholarship recipient in internal and external publications.
- Financial need may be considered in determining the successful applicant.
- Applicants will be adjudicated by a selection committee comprised of the Head of School, a member of the Board of Governors, Senior School Principal, and Director of Admissions.
- Successful applicants will be invited to tour Southpointe Academy and interview with the Selection Committee.
- Decisions will be made in April 2020 regarding entrance to the 2020-2021 School Year.
- The Selection Committee will have absolute discretion in awarding the scholarship.
In addition to the application form, the applicant will provide:
- Resume (1-page maximum)
- Statement of Interest “Why Southpointe Academy?” (500-word maximum)
- Evidence of other attributes, such as creativity, innovation, initiative, motivation, leadership, cooperation, and good citizenship in school and the greater community.
- Letter of Recommendation/Reference Letter (2 maximum).
- Grade 9 Year-end Report Card, Grade 10 Mid-year/Term 2 Report Card
Complete Southpointe Academy South Delta Regional Scholarship Application Form and requested documentation. Mail or deliver Application form and requested documentation to:
Attention: Scholarship Selection Committee 1900 56th Street
Delta, British Columbia V4L 2B1