Bill Ross South Delta Regional Scholarship
In honour of Bill Ross and his legacy within South Delta and Southpointe Academy, we proudly offer a scholarship to incoming local students entering Grade 11 who demonstrate excellence in academics, character, and citizenship.
Bill Ross was a longtime South Delta resident, former Southpointe Board member and Southpointe parent. Bill devoted his life to the service of others, believing in the importance of commitment to one’s community, without any expectation of reward or recognition. To give back to the community, strengthen the connections and role Southpointe has with South Delta, and honour the legacy of Bill Ross, Southpointe Academy offers a scholarship for an outstanding student entering Grade 11 from the South Delta area.
Accepting Scholarship Applications Now for the 2023-2024 School Year
- Be an outstanding secondary student who meets the school’s academic standards for admission to Grade 11 and embodies Bill Ross’s qualities of character, integrity and respect.
- Has demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas: arts, athletics or community service.
- Willingness to become involved in the school community and contribute to co-curricular activities and programs.
- Commit to remain enrolled at Southpointe Academy for Grades 11 and 12.
- Be a non-Southpointe student who resides in South Delta.
March 17, 2023
Bill Ross South Delta Scholarship (Grade 11 ENTRANCE)
NOVEMBER 25, 2022
KINDERGARTEN TO GRADE 12 APPLICATIONS DUE
3. SUBMIT ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
In addition to the online application form, scholarship applicants must email our Admissions Team the following information to meet our scholarship applicant criteria.
- Resume (1-page maximum);
- Letter of Recommendation or Reference Letter (2 maximum);
- Grade 9 Final Report Card, Grade 10 Mid-year/Term 2 Report Card;
- Statement of Interest - Topic: Why Southpointe Academy? (500-words maximum);
- Evidence of other attributes such as creativity, innovation, initiative, motivation, leadership, cooperation, and good citizenship in school and the greater community.
4. Interview process
Applicants will be interviewed by a selection committee, including our Head of School, a member of the Board of Governors, Senior School Principal and Director of Admissions.
Scholarship decisions are made in April for the upcoming school year.
Do you have a question about the Bill Ross South Delta Scholarship, looking for more information about Southpointe or interested in booking a personal tour?
Complete an Inquiry Form, and our Admissions Team will be happy to connect with you!